Call for abstracts
Submit your Research to ISSPP 2021
The Organizing Committee invites you to submit your abstract for the conference. Abstracts may be submitted as a Poster or Oral presentation. Accepted abstracts will be published in ISSPP’s peer-reviewed, PubMed-listed journal “Pleura and Peritoneum” (Cite Score 2021: 2.7).
Submission opens from: March 10th, 2021
Submission Deadline: June 30, 2021 at 11:59 PM (GMT + 1)
Abstracts can only be submitted online. For submission please click here. As you prepare your submission to the conference, please take care of the following details:
- ISSPP encourages not only clinical research, but also basic research on these organs, including embryology, anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, biophysics and other fundamental disciplines. Diseases covered by ISSPP include both benign and malignant pathologies and include gastrointestinal, gynaecological and cardiothoracic locations.
- Abstracts should answer scientific questions, report clinical observations, or illustrate primary scientific data. Interim analysis of prospective clinical trials may be submitted. Long-term follow-up analysis of previously edited clinical trials may be considered only if demonstrating new and significant updates of published data. Case reports are not accepted.
- Each researcher may submit up to 2 abstracts as the first author.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English and may have max 1500 characters (including empty spaces).
- Abstracts must be structured as following: Background, Methods, Results, Conclusions.
Review and presentation
Submitted abstracts will be peer-reviewed by independent experts in the field. After abstract acceptance, the Organizing Committee will decide which form will be used for presentation at the conference:
Oral presentation: The best abstracts will be presented in a dedicated session.
Poster presentation: Posters will be displayed in the conference venue. Top poster abstract will be selected for a 5-min spotlight oral presentation that will take place at the Auditorium during lunch-time.
By submission of an abstract to ISSPP 2021 congress, the first author confirms that:
- He/she is responsible for the accuracy of the submitted abstract.
- He/she is expected to present his/her data at ISSPP congress in case of acceptance.
- He/she ensures that all authors are aware of the data presented and agree with the abstract content.
- He/she is the corresponding author and informs co-authors of its status.
- The data presented has not been published previously.
- For all studies involving human or animal subjects, permission has been obtained from the relevant regulatory authority and informed consent given where appropriate.
- Financial interest in products or processes described in the abstract will be disclosed.
- Authorization of the authors is given to publish the abstract in the journal “Pleura and Peritoneum”, DeGryuter, Berlin Boston. The copyright remains with the author(s).